Monday, March 22, 2004

Remember when Wes Clark was called C-R-A-Z-Y I do, but then again, who doesn't [other than the Press]? The wingnut contingent K-Lo hangs with over at "the Corner" threw that bonmot about more than John Derbyshire writes that gay people are all "icky and stuff". Every Democratic Candidate had a label from the Right-Wing: Dean: Angry and Crazy Clark: Unblinking and Crazy Kerry: French-looking and Crazy Gephardt: Dull and Crazy Graham: Withdrew -- but he was crazy Edwards: Cute but Crazy Kucinich: Short and Crazy Sharpton: Black and Crazy Moseley-Braun: Short, Black, Female and crazy Lieberman: The nice Jew Wes Clark during the early days of his campaign in June 2003 appeared on "Meet the Press" (aka Tim Russert's magic "Quotation Teleprompter Show") and stated: CLARK: "There was a concerted effort during the fall of 2001, starting immediately after 9/11, to pin 9/11 and the terrorism problem on Saddam Hussein." RUSSERT: "By who? Who did that?" CLARK: "Well, it came from the White House, it came from people around the White House. It came from all over. I got a call on 9/11. I was on CNN, and I got a call at my home saying, 'You got to say this is connected. This is state-sponsored terrorism. This has to be connected to Saddam Hussein.' I said, 'But--I'm willing to say it, but what's your evidence?' And I never got any evidence." http://www.fair.org/press-releases/clark-iraq.html That got an additional level of Crazy added to Clark -- "Mr. Fantasizing Loon, Unblinking and Crazy" Well, who is crazy now? I do hope the Press, and K-Lo and her confederates (and a number of them would in fact make fine "Confederates") will extend an apology to Wes Clark someday.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com