Sunday, March 21, 2004

Paul Wolfowitz, patrionizing foreigners at least since January 20, 2001 Well, well, well -- the McGeorge Bundy of the Bush the Second years, Paul Wolfowitz is out of his dacha and making demeaning statements about the Spanish again. For anyone keeping score (and I'm sure we all are right?) Wolfowitz always seems to come out on the periphery after Rummy, Rice or Cheney has said something -- unfortunate -- and ratchets it up a notch with a moronic and lightly reported statement. And he's come through again! Talking on PBS the other evening (like a I said, on the periphery) the one known as "Wolf without the beard" stated about Spain: "The Spaniards are courageous people. I mean, we know it from their whole culture of bullfighting," Wolfowitz said. "I don't think they run in the face of an enemy. They haven't run in the face of the Basque terrorists. I hope they don't run in the face of these people." SHOCKINGLY, these remarks didn't sit well with the Spanish. I think a likely similar response is due from a Spanish perspective: "The Bush Administration are comprised of stubborn people. I mean, we know it from their whole culture of bullshitting," An anonymous Spanish Official said. "I don't think they correct obvious errors in policy. They haven't modified one iota their obvious mistakes in Iraq. I don't expect they will ever admit that they have any responsibility for any error in the face of these obvious facts." That will have 'em seeing RED.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com