Friday, April 09, 2004

Nooners Redux Recently I just briefly wondered into TBogg territory and briefly mocked Peggy Noonan as being on an oxycontin high. I really cannot stress enough how bizarre her recent column is. Ezra at Pandagon and many others also wrote about it. It's one of those things that was so juvenile and stupidly written that you are not criticizing the argument made so much as just aghast that this person is actually getting money to write such material. Meanwhile so many more talented writers (and that even includes me -- THAT'S how low the standard is) are unread and unpaid. It's not screed, its just pablum -- I doubt even Dubya wrote anything so full of treacle in junior high school (I know I'm making a big assumption here regarding literacy). The most bigoted, rancid Freeper is usually a better, more cogent writer. Again read it and see if you don't have this come to mind from a woman paid six-figures for a column:
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com