Friday, April 16, 2004

Randall Terry's Ironic Pain Anti-abortion religious right extremist Randall Terry is a mean guy. Actually, I take that back, he's the original Fred Phelps. But for Terry complete fascist nutjobs like Phelps would never have been enabled. However, now comes an example of delicious irony. Randy Terry has himself a big ol' gay son. Read the linked article and catch such extraordinary gems as this from R. Terry: For me, the issue is that there has been an unbelievable lack of honesty. For me the breach is that I cannot have him in my home while I know that at any point, he could take pictures and sell them. I'm not going to have that kind of intrusion into my home. ... There are three options when you find out a family member is homosexual. One is accept them and their lifestyle as if it's normal. Two is to reject them and sever your relationship. Three is to love them unconditionally, but to tell them you do not accept their behavior as normal, and to tell them the truth. If I love my son, I can't say to him, "Hey, you're committing suicide on the installment plan. This is a great lifestyle." I have to be honest with him. Take out the word homosexuality and put in alcoholism or put in drug addiction. Would you tell a drug addict, "I accept you. This is your choice, this is your life and I will stand by you"? The average death age of a male homosexual is 42 years old because of disease, because of suicide, because of alcoholism, because of drugs, because of violence. It's just not a good world. It's a self-abusive, self-destructive sexual addiction. Jameel Terry by the way was a foster child adopted by Terry when he was eight. This is unfortunate only in that it takes away the sting of later on. Makes me thing of another conundrum. Randall Terry wrote an op-ed about this to the Washington Times. The WT is owned by Reverend Moon. Reverend Moon, hates abortion. Reverend Moon, thinks Gays should be smited from the earth. If homosexuality is so awful, maybe Randy Terry should have re-considered that whole abortion thing.
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com